General Acceptable Use Policy - All MIDDHOST™ Services
MIDDHOST™ employ an Acceptable Usage Policy to maintain the performance and integrity of our computer equipment. Breach of our Acceptable Usage Policy may result in account suspension or termination without refund.
1. Spam, Warez, Piracy and Illegal Activities. MIDDHOST™ does NOT permit any of it's services to be used for illegal purposes. These include but are not limited to spam, unsolicited commercial email, warez hosting, piracy and hacking related activities. MIDDHOST™ will remain the sole arbiter in what constitutes any of these activities. You acknowledge that participation in any of these activities will result in immediate termination without refund. MIDDHOST™ may involve law enforcement authorities if we deem necessary.
2. Child Pornography. If MIDDHOST™ discovers child pornography on any services provided to You, your account will be immediately terminated without refund. Your personal details will be passed to law enforcement authorities and we will assist fully with law enforcement authorities around the world to seek charges against You.
3. Hacking/Denial of Service/Sniffing/Spoofing. MIDDHOST™ do not permit any type of hacking, denial of service, distributed denial of service, sniffing, spoofing, password cracking or similar malicious activities to be performed on or by it's services. MIDDHOST™ will remain the sole arbiter in what constitutes any of these activities. You acknowledge that participation in any of these activities will result in immediate termination without refund. MIDDHOST™ may involve law enforcement authorities if we deem necessary.
4. Backup restoration. If your account was cancelled and you still need your data to take with you there is a $50 per incident charge for all inquiries regarding previous services and / or support. We generally keep backups available for a period of 30 days after account cancellation, but can provide no guarantees on the actual length of availability of a backup.
5. Sharing Web Hosting Services MIDDHOST™ has strict resource usage restrictions on Budget Web Hosting and Reseller Web Hosting Services. These are designed to maintain the integrity, security and performance of our web servers. Failure to abide by these restrictions may result in account suspension or termination without refund.
No script or piece of software may use 25% or more of system resources for 60 seconds or longer
Running stand-alone, unattached server side processes/deamons is strictly prohibited
Running any type of web spider / indexer (Google Cash / Ad Spy) is strictly prohibited
Running any bit-torrent / P2P application is strictly prohibited
Running cron scripts with intervals of less than 15 minutes, or setting up more than 5 simultaneous cron jobs is strictly prohibited
Running of public file exchange services is strictly prohibited
ADULT CONTENT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED
Disk Usage Provision. 90% or more of your content on your website must be linked from an HTML or similarly coded web page where all content is freely available to the public. Your website consists of web pages of a standard design, essentially HTML based text and graphics. Downloadable files, media, streaming content or any file which consumes more than 500kb of space must not exceed 10% of your total used disk quota.
WordPress Usage & Modules: We do not allow any WordPress caching modules on our shared hosting services. WordPress caching modules continually cause server overload problems .
This document was last revised on Friday, January 9th, 2009